Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Will my puppy ever get used to being on his own?

I have a 12 week old Samoyed puppy who just goes crazy when left on his own!!! He is never ever alone for more than 1 hour but each time he goes crazy barking solidly and trying to get out of his crate or over his baby gate. We have now had him for 4 weeks and have tried all sorts ranging from bones, to DAP diffusers, to Herbal remedy's to good old fashioned tough love, moving his crate to different areas, leaving the tv on, leaving a radio on, a ticking clock, Kong's, different toys!!! Nothing seems to settle him all he cares about is that he is on his own and he just goes crazy!!! He is a big pup so our neighbours are not to happy at the minute but they are being very patient with him! He is a fabulous puppy and everything else is perfect he just cannot stand being alone. I have had dogs in the past and never experienced anything quite like this and I am starting to think he is never going to settle!! He sleeps in his crate on a night, he started in our bedroom and he is now on the landing. He goes in and out of his crate whilst we are there but the minute we leave he just goes frantic! I am worried as he gets himself in such a state he stops eating! As I say he is never left longer than an 1 hour a day but I am starting to feel like I can't go anywhere like do my shopping as I am afraid to leave him!!! Please if anyone has been through this and come out the other end please let me know I need my mind put at rest and of course help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment