Tuesday, July 19, 2011

If my ex husband files bankruptcy, am i still liable for our accounts after he files or will they be wiped out?

We live in Wisconsin and my ex husband told me he is going to file bankruptcy. I personally owe about $2000 on my credit report, but he owes $14,000 of which he made after we were separated. I am currently responsible as we were not divorced at the time he incurred this. Our divorce papers state that I am not responsible, but my credit report says different. I just would like to know if when he files, if he files these things that are on my report in both of our names, if my report will be cleared. Thanks for any help in this matter. ( I am trying to buy a house and I know that after you file bankruptcy right now, you need to wait 3 years to buy a house.. I don't want to have to wait that long)

No comments:

Post a Comment